Jay-Z: I Support Gay Marriage (VIDEO)
5:47 pm, May 15th, 2012VIDEO
Jay-Z expressed his support for same-sex marriage in an interview with CNN on Monday, saying that discriminating against a gay person is the same thing as discriminating against a black person.
The rap icon says, “I’ve always thought of it as something that is holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That’s their business.”
He adds, “It’s no different than discriminating against blacks. It’s discrimination plain and simple.”
Jay-Z notes that President Obama’s recent announcement in support of gay marriage is “the right thing to do… so whether it costs [Obama] votes or not — again, it’s not about votes. It’s about people. It’s the right thing to do as a human being.”
His words are noteworthy, in part, given the perceived hostility to homosexuality promoted in some parts of the hip-hop community.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank