Jay-Z: I Support Gay Marriage (VIDEO)
5:47 pm, May 15th, 2012VIDEO
Jay-Z expressed his support for same-sex marriage in an interview with CNN on Monday, saying that discriminating against a gay person is the same thing as discriminating against a black person.
The rap icon says, “I’ve always thought of it as something that is holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That’s their business.”
He adds, “It’s no different than discriminating against blacks. It’s discrimination plain and simple.”
Jay-Z notes that President Obama’s recent announcement in support of gay marriage is “the right thing to do… so whether it costs [Obama] votes or not — again, it’s not about votes. It’s about people. It’s the right thing to do as a human being.”
His words are noteworthy, in part, given the perceived hostility to homosexuality promoted in some parts of the hip-hop community.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?