Jane Russell Dies at 89
6:21 pm, February 28th, 2011BREAKING
Jane Russell has died.
The voluptuous actress, who was a pinup during World War II, was best known for her role in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes opposite Marilyn Monroe.
Her career was stalled shortly after it started. Russell had shot the Howard Hughes film The Outlaws, but it took a few years for it to be released wide because of objections by the censorship board over the focus on her “assets.”
A later generation knew Russell in the 1970s as the spokesperson for Playtex’s “Cross Your Heart” bras.
Russell was 89.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Short Fashionistas Who Style Their Body Right
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting