Jane Pitt, James Haven React to Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy Revelation
4:38 pm, May 14th, 2013
In a statement, Jane Pitt said of her son’s partner: “We’re so very proud of Angie, this means so much to our family especially our grandchildren. We love her dearly.”
And Jolie’s brother James Haven also praised her for going public.
“My sister like our mother always put her children first,” he said in a statement, adding, “I am so grateful to be her brother.”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Jolie – whose mother Marcheline Bertrand died of breast cancer – wrote in a New York Times op-ed piece that she had her breasts surgically removed because her “doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer,” and she wanted to “be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could.”
Brad Pitt extolled Jolie as well on Tuesday.
He called Jolie’s decision to talk about her mastectomies “absolutely heroic,” and added, “All I want is for her to have a long and healthy life, with myself and our children… This is a happy day for our family.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties