Jane Pitt, James Haven React to Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy Revelation
4:38 pm, May 14th, 2013
In a statement, Jane Pitt said of her son’s partner: “We’re so very proud of Angie, this means so much to our family especially our grandchildren. We love her dearly.”
And Jolie’s brother James Haven also praised her for going public.
“My sister like our mother always put her children first,” he said in a statement, adding, “I am so grateful to be her brother.”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Jolie – whose mother Marcheline Bertrand died of breast cancer – wrote in a New York Times op-ed piece that she had her breasts surgically removed because her “doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer,” and she wanted to “be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could.”
Brad Pitt extolled Jolie as well on Tuesday.
He called Jolie’s decision to talk about her mastectomies “absolutely heroic,” and added, “All I want is for her to have a long and healthy life, with myself and our children… This is a happy day for our family.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids