Jane Pitt, James Haven React to Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy Revelation
4:38 pm, May 14th, 2013
In a statement, Jane Pitt said of her son’s partner: “We’re so very proud of Angie, this means so much to our family especially our grandchildren. We love her dearly.”
And Jolie’s brother James Haven also praised her for going public.
“My sister like our mother always put her children first,” he said in a statement, adding, “I am so grateful to be her brother.”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Jolie – whose mother Marcheline Bertrand died of breast cancer – wrote in a New York Times op-ed piece that she had her breasts surgically removed because her “doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer,” and she wanted to “be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could.”
Brad Pitt extolled Jolie as well on Tuesday.
He called Jolie’s decision to talk about her mastectomies “absolutely heroic,” and added, “All I want is for her to have a long and healthy life, with myself and our children… This is a happy day for our family.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now