Harry Potter Actor Jamie Waylett Gets 2 Years in Jail for Rioting
2:14 pm, March 20th, 2012
Jamie Waylett, who played bully Vincent Crabbe in the Harry Potter movies, has been sent to jail for two years for his role in last summer’s London riots.
The actor, captured on security footage as part of a marauding gang on August 8, was found guilty of violent disorder and handling stolen goods.
As Gossip Cop reported, Waylett was arrested for conduct including allegedly arming himself with a “petrol bomb” and drinking from a looted bottle of Champagne.
In handing down his sentence, Judge Simon Carr told Waylett, “You were pictured on a number of occasions with a bottle full of petrol with a rag as a wick. I accept entirely the jury’s verdict that you did not throw or have any intention of throwing it, but merely being in possession of it would have been terrifying to anyone who saw you.”
The actions took place on the third night of rioting in England’s capital city last August.
Waylett, who appeared as Crabbe in the first six Harry Potter movies, is eligible for release after one year.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents