Jamie Dornan on Taking Over Christian Grey Role: “None Of It Scared Me”
11:07 am, November 15th, 2013
Jamie Dornan says he’s not afraid to play Christian Grey.
The actor opens up about his new Fifty Shades of Grey role to EW, telling the magazine, “I certainly don’t fear it. I already got a glimpse into working with [director] Sam [Taylor-Johnson] at the test, and I’d met [co-star] Dakota [Johnson] by then. So I had a glimpse into how I felt it would be if I got the part. None of it scared me.”
Charlie Hunnam was first cast in the part before shocking Hollywood by dropping out of the project.
“You know, one door closes, another opens,” says Dornan, who had auditioned on tape before initially losing to Hunnam. ”When he dropped out, I didn’t instantly think, ‘Oh here we go, maybe I should cancel that holiday,’ but I did feel that maybe we’d revisit the idea of me.”
The actor is under a brighter spotlight now, but is so far coping with the increased paparazzi attention.
He explains, “It’s happening, but not in an unmanageable way at the moment. I’ve been around it before and it’s ugly, but I’m glad I’m 31 and not 21, and married. I feel very settled. I’m not running in and out of clubs at 5 a.m. anymore.”
And what are Dornan’s plans for Grey’s physique?
“I’ve never felt that Christian needs to be some kind of monster, but I think it’s very clear how he conditions himself and looks after himself,” says the star. “I take decent enough care of myself anyway, so obviously I’m gonna up it slightly with training, but we don’t have any intention to really bulk up. I don’t think it’s appropriate.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014