Jamie Dornan on Taking Over Christian Grey Role: “None Of It Scared Me”
11:07 am, November 15th, 2013
Jamie Dornan says he’s not afraid to play Christian Grey.
The actor opens up about his new Fifty Shades of Grey role to EW, telling the magazine, “I certainly don’t fear it. I already got a glimpse into working with [director] Sam [Taylor-Johnson] at the test, and I’d met [co-star] Dakota [Johnson] by then. So I had a glimpse into how I felt it would be if I got the part. None of it scared me.”
Charlie Hunnam was first cast in the part before shocking Hollywood by dropping out of the project.
“You know, one door closes, another opens,” says Dornan, who had auditioned on tape before initially losing to Hunnam. ”When he dropped out, I didn’t instantly think, ‘Oh here we go, maybe I should cancel that holiday,’ but I did feel that maybe we’d revisit the idea of me.”
The actor is under a brighter spotlight now, but is so far coping with the increased paparazzi attention.
He explains, “It’s happening, but not in an unmanageable way at the moment. I’ve been around it before and it’s ugly, but I’m glad I’m 31 and not 21, and married. I feel very settled. I’m not running in and out of clubs at 5 a.m. anymore.”
And what are Dornan’s plans for Grey’s physique?
“I’ve never felt that Christian needs to be some kind of monster, but I think it’s very clear how he conditions himself and looks after himself,” says the star. “I take decent enough care of myself anyway, so obviously I’m gonna up it slightly with training, but we don’t have any intention to really bulk up. I don’t think it’s appropriate.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'