James Spader Leaving The Office
7:00 pm, February 27th, 2012
“The Office” is losing another employee.
James Spader is leaving the NBC series, it was announced on Monday.
He joined in 2011 as the CEO of Dunder Mifflin, helping to transition the show as Steve Carell left the series.
“James came to ‘The Office’ to play a role that was two scenes long in the season 7 finale. He instantly brought so much life and intrigue to the part that those two scenes became a season,” executive producer Paul Lieberstein said in a statement.
Lieberstein explained that “James always wanted this to be a one year arc, and he now leaves us having created one of the most enigmatic and dynamic characters in television.”
“He’s been a great friend to me and the show, helping us successfully transition into the post-Michael Scott years, and I’m grateful for that. I’m already looking for ways to work with him again,” he concludes.
What do you think of Spader leaving the show?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Katherine Heigl's "Lil' Ladies"
- Are Britney Spears And Her Boyfriend On The Rocks?
- What's the Trashiest Celeb Feud?