Professor Claims He Was Fired for Giving James Franco a Bad Grade
9:51 am, December 19th, 2011
A former professor claims New York University fired him for giving James Franco a bad grade.
Jose Angel Santana is suing the school for dismissing him after he handed the actor a “D” for missing 12 of his 14 “Directing the Actor II” classes as part of Franco’s course of study for a master’s in fine arts degree.
According to Santana, Franco blew off other classes, too, but was accommodated by other professors and given good grades because of his celebrity status.
Santana alleges that NYU’s graduate film department created numerous conflicts of interest with Franco, citing the star’s hiring of another professor, Jay Anania, to write and direct a movie starring Franco, and department chairman John Tintori making a cameo in a film Franco helped finance.
“The school has bent over backwards to create a Franco-friendly environment,” Santana tells the New York Post. “The university has done everything in its power to curry favor with James Franco.”
A rep for NYU calls the claims “ridiculous,” adding, “It is regrettable and disappointing to see a faculty member—former or otherwise—discuss any student’s grade for the purpose of personal publicity.”
Gossip Cop has reached out to Franco’s rep for comment.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails