James Franco and David Letterman Trade Oscar Horror Stories [VIDEO]
5:30 pm, March 31st, 2011VIDEO
Letterman bombed as Oscars host in 1995.
“It was horrible,” he told Franco, joking, “I was so bad that they talked for a while about shutting down the motion picture industry.”
But at least no one accused Letterman of being stoned, observed Franco, which seems to be what everyone assumed led to the young star’s laid-back approach when it was his turn this year.
“People said I was under the influence,” said the 127 Hours star, who explained that he took the job seriously and did it as well as he could, but that anyone would appear to be low-energy compared with his Oscars co-host, Anne Hathaway.
“I think the Tasmanian Devil would look stoned standing next to [her],” joked Franco.
He also points out how everyone pretended not to care about the Oscars – until he didn’t host as some people wished.
The full interview airs on Friday.
Check out a clip below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank