James Franco and David Letterman Trade Oscar Horror Stories [VIDEO]
5:30 pm, March 31st, 2011VIDEO
Letterman bombed as Oscars host in 1995.
“It was horrible,” he told Franco, joking, “I was so bad that they talked for a while about shutting down the motion picture industry.”
But at least no one accused Letterman of being stoned, observed Franco, which seems to be what everyone assumed led to the young star’s laid-back approach when it was his turn this year.
“People said I was under the influence,” said the 127 Hours star, who explained that he took the job seriously and did it as well as he could, but that anyone would appear to be low-energy compared with his Oscars co-host, Anne Hathaway.
“I think the Tasmanian Devil would look stoned standing next to [her],” joked Franco.
He also points out how everyone pretended not to care about the Oscars – until he didn’t host as some people wished.
The full interview airs on Friday.
Check out a clip below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us