James Franco and David Letterman Trade Oscar Horror Stories [VIDEO]
5:30 pm, March 31st, 2011VIDEO
Letterman bombed as Oscars host in 1995.
“It was horrible,” he told Franco, joking, “I was so bad that they talked for a while about shutting down the motion picture industry.”
But at least no one accused Letterman of being stoned, observed Franco, which seems to be what everyone assumed led to the young star’s laid-back approach when it was his turn this year.
“People said I was under the influence,” said the 127 Hours star, who explained that he took the job seriously and did it as well as he could, but that anyone would appear to be low-energy compared with his Oscars co-host, Anne Hathaway.
“I think the Tasmanian Devil would look stoned standing next to [her],” joked Franco.
He also points out how everyone pretended not to care about the Oscars – until he didn’t host as some people wished.
The full interview airs on Friday.
Check out a clip below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- A$AP Rocky & His Supermodel Girlfriend Get Fancy
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Is Eiza Gonzalez, Liam Hemsworth's Rebound Girlfriend?
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- Best Halloween Costumes In Hollywood