James Franco: “I Wish I Was Gay”
10:18 pm, September 9th, 2013
Asked about the slew of gay jokes at the roast, Franco shared, “If that’s what they were going to make fun of me for, I was like, ‘Great! Bring on the gay jokes!’ because these aren’t insults at all.”
“I don’t even care if people think I’m gay, so it was like, “Awesome!” I mean, I wish I was … I wish I was gay,” added Franco.
He went on to reveal, “My relationship with my public image over the past four or five years has just become weirder and weirder, because I look at it and it’s me, and it’s not me, so if other people want to use that for their own purposes or needs, I’m fine with it.”
The actor opened up about his latest directorial effort Child of God, based on a Cormac McCarthy novel about a necrophiliac killer in a southern town.
Franco offered, “It’s not that I, in my own life, find dead bodies particularly sexy or anything like that, but in a film, it allows you, in a very extreme way, to deal with a character whose imagination has gone to a crazy place.
“It also deals with loneliness, uncontrollable compulsion, as well as the artistic impulse,” added the star.
What do you think about Franco saying he wishes he were gay?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look