Jake Gyllenhaal Pot Rumor Goes Up in Smoke
9:47 am, July 31st, 2010
The rumor began with Janet Charlton’s Hollywood, the same embarrassing waste of HTML that announced Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor broke up (they did not), exaggerated an Amy Winehouse “crush” on Robert Pattinson, and concocted an absurd story that Stephanie Pratt suspected brother Spencer Pratt of masterminding her DUI arrest.
“Jake had a habit that Reese could not live with, and he wouldn’t give it up,” claims the site, sourcing the former couple’s “acquaintance.”
“He smoked way too much. And we’re not talking nicotine here.”
Charlton insists Witherspoon thought Gyllenhaal smoked too much pot, and that it’s the “real” reason behind the couple’s split.
Now the story is making the rounds among such sites as The Blemish.
The outlets don’t really care that it’s total nonsense.
They want us to believe that Witherspoon was happily attached to Gyllenhaal… until one day she realized he was a drug user and promptly dropped him? After a long-term relationship, during which Gyllenhaal famously charmed Witherspoon’s children?
We’re going to side with logic here, and not the so-called “acquaintance” Charlton cites.
A rep for Gyllenhaal tells Gossip Cop the report is “completely untrue.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents