One Direction Fires Back After Jake Bugg Calls Them “Terrible”
2:45 pm, February 22nd, 2013
The trouble started after Bugg, a popular young singer-songwriter in England, called the boy band “terrible” in culture magazine Shortlist.
When the interviewer mentioned that One Direction represented the “closest thing to rock stars” in the current climate, Bugg replied, “Who the f*ck is saying that?”
“Oh, I’m pretty sure they have a good laugh. But it’s easy to, isn’t it? When you don’t have to write any songs. People [call them the new Beatles] because they broke America, but that don’t mean a thing. I mean, [One Direction] must know that they’re terrible. They must know… Calling them the new rock stars is a ridiculous statement. And people should stop making it.”
When the hugely popular group caught wind of Bugg’s remarks, they struck back.
“Hi @JakeBugg do you think slagging off boy bands makes you more indie?” asked Louis Tomlinson on Twitter.
Niall Horan wrote, “Really buggs me that artists we’re fans of, flip on us in the press!”
Complicating matters further is that Bugg has been spotted recently with Cara Delevingne, a model previously linked to One Direction’s Harry Styles.
The new spat comes immediately after a public war of words between the boy band’s Liam Payne and Boy George.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court