CLAIM: Jaden Smith Wants To Be Emancipated From Will and Jada
10:54 am, May 14th, 2013EXCLUSIVE
Jaden Smith has “decided that for his 15th birthday in July he would like the gift of FREEDOM from his parents — and to be able to live in a home of his own,” reports The Sun.
The tabloid claims Will Smith revealed that Jaden told him, “Dad, I want to be emancipated.”
The paper quotes Will as saying, “I know if we do this, he can be an emancipated minor, because he really wants to have his own place, like ooh.”
“That’s the backlash. On the other side, if kids just want to have command of their lives, I understand,” the movie star allegedly added.
Wow, that’s pretty wild.
But is it true?
Unlike a number of other blogs who regurgitated The Sun’s reporting without bothering to fact-check, Gossip Cop reached out to a rep for Will, who tells Jaden does NOT want to be emancipated from his parents.
Will’s publicist tells us exclusively, “This isn’t real.”
Gossip Cop will update when we find out where this all came from.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents