Jada Pinkett Smith Testifies Before Congress to Combat Human Trafficking
2:40 pm, July 17th, 2012
Call it “Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington.”
Jada Pinkett Smith advocated for a more forceful fight against human trafficking during an appearance before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Tuesday.
Smith, who credited Willow with bringing her attention to trafficking, said that human slavery “robs us of the thing we value most, our freedom.”
She announced plans to launch a major awareness campaign.
There was a bit of levity despite the subject matter — Willow Smith tweeted a photo (BELOW) of herself holding a gavel behind Senator John Kerry’s committee seat.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Blonde Vs. Brunette Beyonce
- Hot Supermodels And Their Kids
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down