Jada Pinkett Smith Testifies Before Congress to Combat Human Trafficking
2:40 pm, July 17th, 2012
Call it “Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington.”
Jada Pinkett Smith advocated for a more forceful fight against human trafficking during an appearance before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Tuesday.
Smith, who credited Willow with bringing her attention to trafficking, said that human slavery “robs us of the thing we value most, our freedom.”
She announced plans to launch a major awareness campaign.
There was a bit of levity despite the subject matter — Willow Smith tweeted a photo (BELOW) of herself holding a gavel behind Senator John Kerry’s committee seat.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills
- Tom and Gisele Cheer on The Boston Marathon
- Drake's Weird Priority While Sitting Courtside at Game 2