Jada Pinkett Smith Testifies Before Congress to Combat Human Trafficking
2:40 pm, July 17th, 2012
Call it “Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington.”
Jada Pinkett Smith advocated for a more forceful fight against human trafficking during an appearance before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Tuesday.
Smith, who credited Willow with bringing her attention to trafficking, said that human slavery “robs us of the thing we value most, our freedom.”
She announced plans to launch a major awareness campaign.
There was a bit of levity despite the subject matter — Willow Smith tweeted a photo (BELOW) of herself holding a gavel behind Senator John Kerry’s committee seat.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss