Jada Pinkett Smith Testifies Before Congress to Combat Human Trafficking
2:40 pm, July 17th, 2012
Call it “Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington.”
Jada Pinkett Smith advocated for a more forceful fight against human trafficking during an appearance before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Tuesday.
Smith, who credited Willow with bringing her attention to trafficking, said that human slavery “robs us of the thing we value most, our freedom.”
She announced plans to launch a major awareness campaign.
There was a bit of levity despite the subject matter — Willow Smith tweeted a photo (BELOW) of herself holding a gavel behind Senator John Kerry’s committee seat.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained