Karen Elson Gets Restraining Order Against Jack White, Rocker Accused of Violence, Harassment
9:45 pm, August 1st, 2013
The former White Stripes singer has been barred from interacting with her after she filed a petition accusing him of being violent and harassing her through emails and texts.
The couple, who wed in 2005 and split in 2011, have two children together — and Elson also argued that the rocker is unfit to be a parent.
In the legal papers, Elson’s attorney cited several examples of the rocker allegedly berating her, demanding unreasonable requests for the children’s care, and making derogatory comments about her to others.
“This pattern of husband’s bullying wife into submission was a contributing factor in the demise of their marriage,” the petition said, adding that Elson “fears for her and the children’s safety as a result of this harassment.”
White also allegedly refused to attend family counseling.
A judge granted the order, and ruled that White cannot have “any contact with wife whatsoever except as it relates to parenting time with the parties’ minor children.”
The contact also can only be conducted via email, according to Nashville’s City Paper.
There will be a hearing on August 29 regarding custody issues.
The former couple’s difficulties come two years after they threw a party to celebrate their divorce, and “to re-affirm our friendship and celebrate the past and future.”
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for White for comment.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Lea Michele Says Co-Stars And Family Helped Her During Difficult Time
- Should Celeb Parenting Skills Be Critiqued?
- Is Kim Kardashian Ripping Off Typhoon Victims?