Jack White and Karen Elson to Divorce, Throw Celebration
3:41 pm, June 10th, 2011
The couple is throwing a party to celebrate their just-announced split, sending out invitations to a major soiree tonight in Nashville.
“We remain dear and trusted friends and co-parents to our wonderful children Scarlett and Henry Lee,” White and Elson say in a joint statement. “We feel so fortunate for the time we have shared and the time we will continue to spend both separately and together watching our children grow.”
To commemorate that time together, the couple, who wed in 2005, have organized “an evening together in Nashville to re-affirm our friendship and celebrate the past and future with close friends and family.”
Invited guests can expect “dancing, photos, memories and drinks with alcohol in them.”
The split is the second big one for White this year.
He dissolved his band The White Stripes in February.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Her "Awkward Phase" Was in Her 30?s
- The One Movie Ben Affleck Still Regrets
- Liam Hemsworth Calls Jennifer Lawrence 'Bad Influence'
- The Truth Behind Kim Kardashian's Selfie!
- Kanye West at Philly's Morning Show