Kate Middleton’s Hospital Slams DJ Prank Behind Nurse Jacintha Saldanha’s Death
2:48 pm, December 8th, 2012
The hospital that employed Jacintha Saldanha, the nurse found dead in an apparent suicide just days after she’d been duped by a hoax call concerning Kate Middleton, is expressing outrage over the radio station hosts who perpetrated the prank.
Lord Glenarthur, the chairman of King Edward VII Hospital, penned a letter to the owners of 2Day FM in Sydney, Australia, calling the trick by deejays Mel Greig and Michael Christian “foolish” and “appalling,” with the outcome “tragic beyond words.”
“King Edward VII’s Hospital cares for sick people, and it was extremely foolish of your presenters even to consider trying to lie their way through to one of our patients, let alone actually make the call,” wrote Glenarthur.
The letter continued, “Then to discover that, not only had this happened, but that the call had been pre-recorded and the decision to transmit approved by your station’s management, was truly appalling.”
“The immediate consequence of these premeditated and ill-considered actions was the humiliation of two dedicated and caring nurses who were simply doing their job tending to their patients,” continued the message.
Glenarthur added, “The longer term consequence has been reported around the world and is, frankly, tragic beyond words. I appreciate that you cannot undo the damage which has been done but I would urge you to take steps to ensure that such an incident could never be repeated.”
Meanwhile, police have released the first photo of Saldanha (see above), who leaves behind a husband and two teenage children.
In a press conference held by 2Day FM ownership, Greig and Christian were described as “completely shattered” by the week’s events.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'