J. K. Rowling: I Regret Harry Potter Ending; Hermione Should Have Married Harry
9:35 am, February 3rd, 2014
J. K. Rowling says she regrets the way she ended Harry Potter.
The author tells Wonderland magazine she should have paired Hermione Granger with Harry, instead of his friend Ron Weasley.
Rowling reveals, “I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment… For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.”
“Distance has given me perspective on that,” says the writer, adding, “It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility.”
Rowling further shares that Hermione and Harry would have been a “better match,” and that heroine and Ron may have needed relationship counseling down the road.
Emma Watson, who played Hermione in the movie franchise, seems to agree with Rowling.
The mag’s February cover girl offers, “I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy.”
What do you think about Rowling saying she regrets the Harry Potter ending?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank