Toddlers & Tiaras Mom Sues Media: You Sexualized My 5-Year-Old Daughter!
8:43 pm, January 25th, 2012
The mother of a “Toddlers & Tiaras” star is suing media outlets for allegedly “sexualizing” an online story about the 5-year-old girl.
In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in a Manhattan court, Isabella Barrett’s mother Susanna claims The Huffington Post and other sites posted a video of the toddler singing LMFAO’s “I’m Sexy And I Know It” and described the little girl as “gyrating in a nightclub and singing about her sex appeal.”
Susanna argues that it was a deejay who encouraged her daughter to mimic some dance moves, and that the media wrongly portrayed her as being erotic.
“She did not understand the concept of sex, let alone ‘sex appeal’ and could not have been singing about her own sex appeal,” claim the court papers.
The suit, which also names TMZ and the Daily Mail as defendants, says the portrayals have caused Isabella to be “perceived sexually, erotically and pornographically,” placing her “in serious physical danger, attracting the attention of others who would seek to sexualize a child.”
The lawsuit also alleges that the outlets caused the young reality star’s Glitzy Girl jewelry line to lose funding and a contract for another series.
The Barretts are seeking $30 million in damages, according to the New York Daily News.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage