Iron Man 3 Wins Weekend With HUGE Box Office; Second Biggest Film Open Ever
12:00 pm, May 5th, 2013BOX OFFICE
Iron Man 3 crushed the competition to easily win the box office’s top spot.
The third movie in the Marvel franchise, starring Robert Downey Jr., earned a whopping $173.5 million this weekend, making it the second biggest domestic open ever after its fellow film, The Avengers.
Coming in at a very distant second place was Pain and Gain with $7.6 million.
Nabbing third place was 42 with $6.2 million.
Oblivion and The Croods took fourth and fifth places with $5.8 million and $4.5 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were The Big Wedding ($3.9 million), Mud ($2.2 million), Oz the Great and Powerful ($1.8 million), Scary Movie 5 ($1.4 million), and The Place Beyond the Pines ($1.3 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!