UPDATE: “Iron Man 2″ Blasts “Robin Hood,” Stays #1
11:00 am, May 16th, 2010BOX OFFICE
UPDATE – 5/16/10
While the actual numbers for both films look to be slightly under initial projections, Iron Man 2 will hold off Robin Hood to keep the box office crown this weekend.
Iron Man 2 will finish with roughly $49 million for the weekend. It has broken the $200 million barrier in its first two weeks of release.
Robin Hood — though the #1 film internationally — scored about $36 million in North America.
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
ORIGINAL POST – 5/14/10
Bows and arrows were no match for modern weaponry.
According to early projections, Iron Man 2 will dispatch newcomer Robin Hood to remain the #1 hero at the box office, after an estimated $16 million Friday put it on pace for a $53 million second weekend.
These are still just projections. Gossip Cop will have the final numbers later this weekend.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Fred Armisen Gives Heartfelt Farewell To SNL
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed