UPDATE: “Iron Man 2″ Blasts “Robin Hood,” Stays #1
11:00 am, May 16th, 2010BOX OFFICE
UPDATE – 5/16/10
While the actual numbers for both films look to be slightly under initial projections, Iron Man 2 will hold off Robin Hood to keep the box office crown this weekend.
Iron Man 2 will finish with roughly $49 million for the weekend. It has broken the $200 million barrier in its first two weeks of release.
Robin Hood — though the #1 film internationally — scored about $36 million in North America.
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
ORIGINAL POST – 5/14/10
Bows and arrows were no match for modern weaponry.
According to early projections, Iron Man 2 will dispatch newcomer Robin Hood to remain the #1 hero at the box office, after an estimated $16 million Friday put it on pace for a $53 million second weekend.
These are still just projections. Gossip Cop will have the final numbers later this weekend.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs