Ireland Baldwin Slams New York Daily News as “Cowards” For ‘Little Pig’ Cover
9:54 am, November 19th, 2013PHOTO
Ireland Baldwin is hitting back at the New York Daily News after the paper put her on its Monday cover with the headline, “‘Little Pig’ to the Rescue!” referencing her dad Alec Baldwin’s infamous 2007 voicemail.
The model, who had defended her father after he was caught on camera using homophobic slurs and getting violent in multiple incidents last week with photographers, took to Instagram to slam the paper for its sensationalized reporting.
Ireland posted the cover image (see right) and wrote, “Everyone tells me to stop paying attention to what others are saying, but it’s hard. This hurts. I am a human being, believe it or not. I am also not a celebrity. This is not what I would ever want to be known for.”
The teenager continued, “I did not STAND UP for my father. It is never right to treat people the way that he has. I simply wanted to show my support for my family. No matter what, my dad is my dad and he is the only one I will ever have.”
Ireland went on to blast the paper, saying, “The past is past and the Daily News are a bunch of cowards for revisiting my past. In the end, I feel nothing but sorry for them. If any of the reporters there even had children or families to love, I’m sure they would understand where I’m coming from.”
“Out of all of the BREAKING news going on in our country or let alone around the world, they were desperate enough to put me on the cover?” she added.
What do you think of Ireland’s response to the New York Daily News?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired