Ireland Baldwin Defends Native American Halloween Costume: “I Am Cherokee Indian” (PHOTOS)
9:08 pm, October 30th, 2013PHOTOS
Ireland Baldwin is fighting an online backlash after revealing she planned to go as a Native American Disney character for Halloween.
The controversy erupted after the model tweeted photos of herself wearing face paint and a headdress (see right and below).
She was soon inundated with tweets calling her racist for sporting such a get-up — but remained undaunted and promptly fought back.
“This is who I was being for Halloween at Disneyland. You all are pathetic,” wrote Baldwin, showing a photo of the chief from Peter Pan.
Baldwin, whose parents are Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger, went on to point out her Cherokee background and noted she’s “also well aware of what many tribes encountered in the past.”
“And for some of you pathetic morons to bring my family and other matters into the discussion,” she continued, “you are all sad excuses for human beings.”
Baldwin later offered an apology of sorts — “People make mistakes, everyone. I made a mistake and I apologize if it offended” — but also continued to fight off some persistent haters.
Check out the photos and tweets below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court