Ireland Baldwin Defends Dad Alec: ‘He Has Kind Heart,’ Is ‘Not A Homophobe or Racist’
12:07 pm, November 17th, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Alec was caught on camera using homophobic slurs and getting violent in multiple incidents last week when photographers and reporters got to close to him and his family.
In a series of tweets, Ireland said that while her father’s specific comments were unacceptable, she believes photographers goad him into the altercations.
“Sometimes we let our tempers get the best of us. Tempers are like wildfires. Something or someone can easily fuel the fire,” she began.
She continued, “It takes a lot of strength for someone to release their anger. It takes a lot of strength and SUPPORT for someone to grow and become a better person. We all say things we don’t mean. We all say things we can’t take back.”
“For someone who has battled with anger management issues, my dad has grown tremendously,” the model went on. “My dad is far from a homophobe or a racist.”
Baldwin noted, “From what you’ve read and from what media has been shoved down your throats, he has a kind heart,” and she also spoke of her own personal experience.
“Having paparazzi following my mom and I has not been thrilling. Paparazzi can bring out many confined feelings of anger and spite out of anyone,” she said.
My point being, what my dad said was WRONG. What my dad felt WASN’T. Boundaries have to be made. Paparazzi have jobs to do, but some of them jeopardize people’s lives and cross a line. My dad has an INFANT CHILD to protect. All the parents out there should understand. You would do anything to protect your baby. Now, let’s all quit acting like children. Let my dad be and let him have his room to learn and enjoy his family. As someone very wise once said, “Be peaceful and love everyone.” COME ONNNN EVERYONE. Let’s just all be thankful that we are alive!
What do you think of Ireland’s take on the situation?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?