Insidious: Chapter 2 Wins Box Office With Second-Best Horror Opening of 2013
12:03 pm, September 15th, 2013BOX OFFICE
Insidious: Chapter 2 easily scared up enough cash to win the weekend box office — and set some records in the process.
The sequel earned $41 million, making it the second-biggest horror opening of 2013 and September’s second-highest movie opening ever.
In second place was The Family, the dark mob comedy starring Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer, which raked in $14.5 million.
Riddick landed in third with $7 million.
Lee Daniels’ The Butler took in $5.6 million for fourth place, while We’re The Millers was just behind with $5.4 million.
Rounding out the Top 10 were: Instructions Not Included ($4.1 million), Planes is looking at $2.9 million, One Direction: This Is Us ($2.4 million), Elysium ($2.2 million) and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters ($1.8 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"