India.Arie Denies Lightening Skin on New Single’s Cover Art (PHOTO)
7:10 pm, March 29th, 2013PHOTO
India.Arie has taken to Twitter to deny she had her skin lightened on her new single’s cover art.
Speculation ran rampant Friday after blogs and fans pointed out that the Grammy winner’s skin color didn’t appear to be as dark as usual in the photo for “Cocoa Butter” (see below).
But Arie says the suggestion that anything artificial was done to her skin is patently false, and says her lighter tone is simply a product of the lighting fixtures used during the photo shoot.
“Personally speaking! i’m happy to say I have NOT BLEACHED my skin LOL!” tweeted the songstress. “ROTF at the thought.”
Check out the photo and the rest of Arie’s tweets below for her full explanation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents