India.Arie Denies Lightening Skin on New Single’s Cover Art (PHOTO)
7:10 pm, March 29th, 2013PHOTO
India.Arie has taken to Twitter to deny she had her skin lightened on her new single’s cover art.
Speculation ran rampant Friday after blogs and fans pointed out that the Grammy winner’s skin color didn’t appear to be as dark as usual in the photo for “Cocoa Butter” (see below).
But Arie says the suggestion that anything artificial was done to her skin is patently false, and says her lighter tone is simply a product of the lighting fixtures used during the photo shoot.
“Personally speaking! i’m happy to say I have NOT BLEACHED my skin LOL!” tweeted the songstress. “ROTF at the thought.”
Check out the photo and the rest of Arie’s tweets below for her full explanation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin