Independent Spirit Awards 2013 Winners List
6:10 pm, February 23rd, 2013WINNERS
The 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards are handed out on Saturday, one day before many of the same movies and performers are honored at the Academy Awards.
Andy Samberg is hosting the event, which “celebrates artist-driven filmmaking and recognizes the finest achievements of today’s independent filmmakers.”
The ceremony will air on IFC tonight, but Gossip Cop will have the winners as they’re announced earlier in the day.
On Sunday, we’ll find out how well the Spirit Awards predicted Oscar gold.
Check out the winners below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Best First Screenplay – Derek Connolly, Safety Not Guaranteed
Best First Feature – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Best Supporting Male Performance – Matthew McConaughey, Magic Mike
Robert Altman Award for Cast Ensemble – Starlet
Piaget Producers Award – Mynette Louie, Stones in the Sun
Someone to Watch Award – Adam Leon, Gimme the Loot
Truer Than Fiction Award – Peter Nicks, The Waiting Room
Best International Film - Michael Haneke, Amour
John Cassavetes Award for Under $500,000 – Middle of Nowhere
Best Supporting Female Performance - Helen Hunt, The Sessions
Best Cinematography – Ben Richardson, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Best Screenplay – David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook
Best Documentary - The Invisible War
Best Director – David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook
Best Lead Female Performance – Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Best Lead Male Performance – John Hawkes, The Sessions
Best Feature Film – Silver Linings Playbook
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents