“Idol” chatter has Jamie Foxx taking over for Simon Cowell
10:00 am, January 22nd, 2010
The tabloid’s website further reports, “With American Idol‘s biggest star, acid-tongued judge Simon Cowell, announcing his departure from the show after this season, the race is on to find his replacement.”
That we knew.
But what the mag’s site adds is that “A show insider tells Life & Style that actor-singer Jamie Foxx and Interscope Records co-founder Jimmy Iovine are strong contenders for the job,” and that “Madonna would be a dream [judge].”
Yeah, getting Madonna is a pipe dream.
So let’s deal with the assertion that Foxx is a “strong contender” for Simon’s old spot…
It’s true he won an Oscar for portraying Ray Charles in “Ray,” and later played a talented musician in “The Soloist,” so it seems to Gossip Cop that Foxx wanting to be an “American Idol” judge is likely to happen in a week from… never.
Still, we checked with Foxx’s rep, who told us, “Haha. Nothing happening here.”
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court