Identity Thief Steals Box Office Again
9:20 am, February 24th, 2013BOX OFFICE
Identity Thief stole a slow box office this Oscars Weekend.
The Jason Bateman-Melissa McCarthy comedy earned $14.1 million, which was enough to beat second place finisher, Dwayne Johnson’s new release Snitch, which took in $13 million.
Alien family film Escape From Planet Earth came in third with $11 million.
The Julianne Hough-Josh Duhamel romance Safe Haven and Bruce Willis’ action sequel A Good Day to Die Hard took fourth and fifth places with $10.6 million and $10 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were alien thriller Dark Skies ($8.9 million), Oscar contender Silver Linings Playbook ($6.1 million), zombie romance Warm Bodies ($4.8 million), the supernatural Beautiful Creatures ($3.4 million), and pharmacological drama Side Effects ($3.3 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths