CLAIM: Ian McKellen Battling Cancer
8:30 pm, December 11th, 2012
Ian McKellen “revealed sad news recently: he has prostate cancer!” blares Perez Hilton, who goes on to claim, “And the X-Men/Lord of the Rings [sic] has battled it for the better part of a decade!”
The blogger goes on to quote McKellen as saying, “I’ve had prostate cancer for six or seven years.”
“When you have got it you monitor it and you have to be careful it doesn’t spread. But if it is contained in the prostate it’s no big deal,” the actor supposedly said, according to Perez.
He further quotes McKellen as adding that he’s ”examined regularly and it’s just contained, it’s not spreading. I’ve not had any treatment.”
Notes Perez, “Thankfully, the man is a trooper and he wont let the terrifying C-word get him down!”
So has McKellen really managed to keep his cancer a secret and keep the disease in check for “six or seven years”?!
McKellen does NOT have prostate cancer, reps for the actor tell ABC News.
The Hobbit star’s team says not only were the alleged quotes taken out of context, but they’re also years-old!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Why Is James Franco Backing a Fashion Documentary?
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Bodysuit Babe: Perrie Edwards
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Mysterious Celebrity Face Changes
- NeNe Leakes Reveals Her Bridesmaids