Ian Abercrombie, Seinfeld’s Mr. Pitt, Dies
7:57 am, January 30th, 2012
Ian Abercrombie, the character actor well known as Elaine’s fussy boss Mr. Pitt on “Seinfeld” and, more recently, Professor Crumbs on “Wizards of Waverly Place,” has died.
He was 77.
Abercrombie reportedly suffered complications of kidney failure and had been diagnosed with lymphoma.
English-born, Abercrombie moved to the United States in 1951 and wound up in projects ranging from Young Frankenstein and Army of Darkness to “Murphy Brown” and “Desperate Housewives.”
But his most lasting impression was probably as the eccentric and demanding Justin Pitt on “Seinfeld,” a seven-episode role that brought him unprecedented visibility.
The actor also lent his vocal talents to “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and recurred as the centuries-old Crumbs on “Wizards of Waverly Place.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Hotties to Notties: Stars Who Lost Their Mojo
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Come And Get Selena Gomez's Video Dress
- The Real Reason For Denise Richards' Scary Skinny Frame