Hulk Hogan Drops, Then Refiles $100 Million Sex Tape Lawsuit Against Gawker
4:37 pm, January 3rd, 2013
Hulk Hogan is not letting Gawker off the hook.
He sued the website last October after Gawker posted a short clip of Hogan’s sexual encounter with Heather Clem, the ex-wife of his friend Bubba the Love Sponge.
Hogan then dropped his federal case, voluntarily dismissing the lawsuit “without prejudice,” according to court documents obtained by TMZ.
But like any good wrestler, his next move was to further slam Gawker, and he did that by refiling the lawsuit in Florida state court, where he’s already suing Clem.
The reasoning behind all the legal maneuvering is simple.
Hogan wanted to take the Gawker case out of the federal court and have it as well as Clem’s lawsuit both heard in Florida state court. Consolidating the two cases will save him lots of attorneys’ fees and paperwork.
Hogan already resolved a separate suit against Bubba.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable