Hulk Hogan Drops, Then Refiles $100 Million Sex Tape Lawsuit Against Gawker
4:37 pm, January 3rd, 2013
Hulk Hogan is not letting Gawker off the hook.
He sued the website last October after Gawker posted a short clip of Hogan’s sexual encounter with Heather Clem, the ex-wife of his friend Bubba the Love Sponge.
Hogan then dropped his federal case, voluntarily dismissing the lawsuit “without prejudice,” according to court documents obtained by TMZ.
But like any good wrestler, his next move was to further slam Gawker, and he did that by refiling the lawsuit in Florida state court, where he’s already suing Clem.
The reasoning behind all the legal maneuvering is simple.
Hogan wanted to take the Gawker case out of the federal court and have it as well as Clem’s lawsuit both heard in Florida state court. Consolidating the two cases will save him lots of attorneys’ fees and paperwork.
Hogan already resolved a separate suit against Bubba.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?