Hulk Hogan Drops, Then Refiles $100 Million Sex Tape Lawsuit Against Gawker
4:37 pm, January 3rd, 2013
Hulk Hogan is not letting Gawker off the hook.
He sued the website last October after Gawker posted a short clip of Hogan’s sexual encounter with Heather Clem, the ex-wife of his friend Bubba the Love Sponge.
Hogan then dropped his federal case, voluntarily dismissing the lawsuit “without prejudice,” according to court documents obtained by TMZ.
But like any good wrestler, his next move was to further slam Gawker, and he did that by refiling the lawsuit in Florida state court, where he’s already suing Clem.
The reasoning behind all the legal maneuvering is simple.
Hogan wanted to take the Gawker case out of the federal court and have it as well as Clem’s lawsuit both heard in Florida state court. Consolidating the two cases will save him lots of attorneys’ fees and paperwork.
Hogan already resolved a separate suit against Bubba.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank