Hulk Hogan Apologizes For N-Word Rant — SEE APOLOGY STATEMENT HERE
Hulk Hogan is apologizing for his newly-reported N-word rant. As Gossip Cop reported, the WWE terminated the wrestling legend’s contract on Friday after it was discovered there is a tape of Hogan going on a tirade about “n*ggers.”
In a statement to People, Hogan now says, “Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation. It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it.”
“This not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise,” continues Hogan. “I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs.”
Hogan’s lawyer maintains, however, that he was not fired by the WWE, but resigned, because “he didn’t want to put them or his family through this.” The wrestling superstar says he now wants to “improve as a person” through this “important learning experience.”
As Gossip Cop noted earlier, Hogan’s infamous sex tape, part of which was previously leaked online by Gawker, is at the center of the scandal. Unreleased footage from the video apparently shows Hogan, who is in the midst of a lawsuit over the clip’s initial leak, ranting about his daughter Brooke being involved with “n*ggers.” Transcripts from the video are now part of court filing, which is how the WWE, and the public, just learned what was said.
The WWE removed all mentions of Hogan from its official website on Thursday. On Friday, additional audio surfaced of the wrestler using the n-word repeatedly and casually in a 2012 radio interview. TELL US: What do you think of the controversy?