Hugh Jackman Breaks Down Talking About Father on “60 Minutes” (VIDEO)
1:23 pm, December 10th, 2012VIDEO
Hugh Jackman appeared on Sunday’s “60 Minutes,” where he became emotional talking about his upbringing.
The Les Miserables star opened up about being raised by his father after his mother left them and his four siblings when he was just 8 years old.
“I can remember the morning she left. It’s weird the things you pick up. I remember her being in a towel around her head and saying goodbye, must have been the way she said goodbye,” recalled Jackman.
He continued, “As I went off to school, when I came back, there was no one there in the house. The next day there was a telegram from England, Mom was there. And then that was it.”
“I don’t think she thought for a second it would be forever. I think she thought it was, ‘I just need to get away, and I’ll come back,” explained Jackman, adding that his father “used to pray every night that Mom would come back.”
When she didn’t, the actor’s dad tried his best to fulfill both roles, becoming Jackman’s “rock” in the process.
“It’s where I learned everything about loyalty, dependability, being there day in, day out, no matter what,” he said.
Jackman teared up as he noted that even today, “It’s always about the family… It’s not about work.”
Check out the full interview in the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit