Hugh Hefner Reacts to Cancellation of The Playboy Club
11:28 pm, October 4th, 2011
Hef tweeted, “I’m sorry NBC’s ‘The Playboy Club’ didn’t find it’s audience. It should have been on cable, aimed at a more adult audience.”
“Fans of ‘The Playboy Club’ are really upset at the cancellation,” he added.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier, the NBC show, which starred Eddie Cibrian and Amber Heard, premiered to a modest 5 million viewers on September 20, and then plummeted to 3.8 million the following week. The drama’s third and most recent episode garnered just 3.2 million viewers.
“The Playboy Club” also faced opposition from the Parents Television Council, which repeatedly blasted the show for its sexual content and portrayal of women.
Today, NBC announced that Brian Williams’ newsmagazine show “Rock Center” will take over the series’ time slot beginning October 31.
What do you think about “The Playboy Club” being cancelled?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"