Hugh Hefner Reacts to Cancellation of The Playboy Club
11:28 pm, October 4th, 2011
Hef tweeted, “I’m sorry NBC’s ‘The Playboy Club’ didn’t find it’s audience. It should have been on cable, aimed at a more adult audience.”
“Fans of ‘The Playboy Club’ are really upset at the cancellation,” he added.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier, the NBC show, which starred Eddie Cibrian and Amber Heard, premiered to a modest 5 million viewers on September 20, and then plummeted to 3.8 million the following week. The drama’s third and most recent episode garnered just 3.2 million viewers.
“The Playboy Club” also faced opposition from the Parents Television Council, which repeatedly blasted the show for its sexual content and portrayal of women.
Today, NBC announced that Brian Williams’ newsmagazine show “Rock Center” will take over the series’ time slot beginning October 31.
What do you think about “The Playboy Club” being cancelled?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss