Hugh Hefner Reacts to Cancellation of The Playboy Club
11:28 pm, October 4th, 2011
Hef tweeted, “I’m sorry NBC’s ‘The Playboy Club’ didn’t find it’s audience. It should have been on cable, aimed at a more adult audience.”
“Fans of ‘The Playboy Club’ are really upset at the cancellation,” he added.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier, the NBC show, which starred Eddie Cibrian and Amber Heard, premiered to a modest 5 million viewers on September 20, and then plummeted to 3.8 million the following week. The drama’s third and most recent episode garnered just 3.2 million viewers.
“The Playboy Club” also faced opposition from the Parents Television Council, which repeatedly blasted the show for its sexual content and portrayal of women.
Today, NBC announced that Brian Williams’ newsmagazine show “Rock Center” will take over the series’ time slot beginning October 31.
What do you think about “The Playboy Club” being cancelled?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?