Howard Stern and Howie Mandel Get Into Heated Argument Over ‘Big Barry’ on AGT
10:25 pm, July 10th, 2012VIDEO
It got very tense on Tuesday’s “America’s Got Talent” when Howard Stern and Howie Mandel got into a heated argument over “70-year-old teenager” Big Barry, the diminutive singer who has consistently received cheers from Mandel — and jeers from Stern.
With only four of the 12 acts who performed on Tuesday’s quarterfinals going on to the next round, Stern strongly objected when Mandel called Barry one of the most “memorable” performers in the competition, saying it was time to “stop the Howie filibuster.”
“This is the apology needed to Flo Jo’s daughter [Mary Joyner], to Andrew De Leon… whose chances you ruined,” Stern said, referring to two of the fan-favorite contestants who were shockingly eliminated last month.
As the show went into a commercial break, the war of words escalated to the point where both men appeared to playing up the argument for the cameras by standing up and getting in each other’s faces.
And after the break, the two were STILL going at it, with Stern reiterating that novelty acts like Barry don’t deserve to take the spot of more worthy competitors.
“When I took the job, I took it seriously,” Stern told Mandel. “If you’re serious, you don’t do that.”
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
No doubt the surprising exchange will bring back the (already debunked) rumors that Stern and Mandel “hate each other.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship