How I Met Your Mother Spinoff How I Met Your Father in Development
7:41 pm, October 30th, 2013
“Modern Family” isn’t the only hit comedy series with a spinoff in the works.
The producers behind “How I Met Your Mother” are developing a follow-up series called “How I Met Your Father,” Gossip Cop confirms.
The proposed show would follow the same premise as the original, but from a female perspective, showcasing one woman’s journey to finding her future husband and the assorted relationships among her close group of friends.
We’re told talks are “very preliminary,” and there are “ongoing discussions” as to whether the idea will turn into more than just a pitch.
If it moves forward, there would be an entirely new cast of characters unrelated to the original gang.
To link the two series, the newbies could be introduced on the “HIMYM” finale, slated for this spring, and may frequent the same hangout, MacLaren’s Pub.
The potential spinoff was first reported by Deadline.
Would you be interested in “How I Met Your Father”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Critics Slam Controversial NYPD Stop-And-Kiss Program
- Rihanna Keeps It Casual Courtside
- Jay-Z's Teaching Blue Ivy Something He Never Learned
- Bella Thorne, Zendaya Coleman, and Ashley Tisdale