Hope Solo Accuses Maksim Chmerkovskiy of Slapping Her, DWTS Star Responds
11:35 am, August 17th, 2012
In her new memoir, Solo: A Memoir of Hope, the Olympian accuses the pro dancer, whom she often clashed with on-screen, of slapping her face “hard” during a rehearsal last fall.
Solo also claims Chmerkovskiy “manhandled me in rehearsals from the start, pushing me, whacking my stomach, bending my arms roughly.”
“I thought that was just how it went – how dancers worked with each other,” she writes, “But it kept getting worse.”
The soccer star recounts another alleged incident in which “Maks was trying to put me in a certain position and hit my stomach so hard with his open palm that I had a red handprint there for the rest of the day.”
Solo alleges producers and ABC were aware of the issues between her and Chmerkovskiy, and even offered to let her change partners, but she declined, she says, because “I didn’t want to end Maks’s career.”
Chmerkovskiy, however, is challenging Solo’s claims.
“Always hated hypocrites and liars… but when someone is both AND an opportunist, I just feel bad for them,” he tweeted on Thursday, adding, “Can’t win at someone’s expense.”
He later wrote, “Life’s best lessons are the ones that you smile through…..while they hurt you the most! I’m bullet proof….FIRE AWAY!”
It’s worth noting that Solo and Chmerkovskiy have reportedly hung out together since her stint on “DWTS” ended, and last month she even reportedly offered him Olympics tickets.
Additionally, he congratulated Solo on Twitter on her most recent gold-medal win.
A rep for Chmerkovskiy declined to comment, but Solo appears to be standing by her comments, telling “SportsCenter,” “I speak the truth.”
What do you think of Solo’s allegations?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement