PETA Suggests Honey Boo Boo Rename Chicken “Not a Nugget”
2:04 pm, November 9th, 2012
In an open letter to the TLC star, whose real name is Alana Thompson, the animal rights organization suggests she rename her new feathered friend “Not a Nugget” in order to “let your fans know that they should be nice to chickens by not eating them.”
PETA says it hopes the animal “will show the family and their many fans that chickens are smart, affectionate, and family-oriented birds who deserve better than to be abused and slaughtered.”
The group adds, “We’re eager to help the Thompsons switch to healthy, delicious, and humane vegan-chicken nuggets,” which “taste just like meat, except no chicken had to die to make them.”
PETA also sent Honey Boo Boo a sample of the vegan snack, along with a T-shirt of a chicken saying, “I am not a nugget.”
A rep for TLC had no comment on the letter.
What do you think of PETA’s suggestions for Honey Boo Boo and her family?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents