Honey Boo Boo Girl Scout Cookie Facebook Campaign Shut Down: Report
2:25 pm, February 28th, 2013
Honey Boo Boo has apparently run afoul of the Girl Scouts.
The 7-year-old reality TV phenomenon has been selling the organization’s famous cookies, on a friend’s behalf, at $3.50 per box through her official Facebook page.
Given that she has hundreds of thousands of fans on the platform, Boo Boo has been filling some pretty massive orders, posting photos of the shipments (see below).
But the Girls Scouts are reportedly shutting down the operation, because online sales are counter to the group’s stated purpose of developing scouts’ “people skills” with the campaign.
According to TMZ, the Girl Scouts in Georgia contacted Honey Boo Boo’s site administrator and got the ads removed — although the previous sales will still be counted.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Jamie Dornan's Willing To Get Freaky For '50 Shades'
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years