Honey Boo Boo Girl Scout Cookie Facebook Campaign Shut Down: Report
2:25 pm, February 28th, 2013
Honey Boo Boo has apparently run afoul of the Girl Scouts.
The 7-year-old reality TV phenomenon has been selling the organization’s famous cookies, on a friend’s behalf, at $3.50 per box through her official Facebook page.
Given that she has hundreds of thousands of fans on the platform, Boo Boo has been filling some pretty massive orders, posting photos of the shipments (see below).
But the Girls Scouts are reportedly shutting down the operation, because online sales are counter to the group’s stated purpose of developing scouts’ “people skills” with the campaign.
According to TMZ, the Girl Scouts in Georgia contacted Honey Boo Boo’s site administrator and got the ads removed — although the previous sales will still be counted.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted