Should the Hollywood Walk of Fame Include Reality TV Stars?
6:01 pm, August 25th, 2011
For more than 50 years, celebrities who reach a certain level of notoriety in motion pictures, television, music, live theater and radio have been honored with stars on the famed Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street sidewalks.
More than 2,400 stars have been awarded in all, with “Modern Family” and “Married… With Children” actor Ed O’Neill set to be honored later this month.
Earlier this week, the Walk of Fame’s official Facebook page posted, “Someone asked if we give reality show characters stars? Hell to the No!”
In further comments, the Walk’s Ana Martinez said reality personalities were “not on the radar for us right now.”
There’s gray area, of course, with some “reality” stars like Jennifer Hudson going on to huge success in the non-reality realm and entertainers like Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons becoming famous all over again thanks, in part, to reality shows.
It’s worth noting that someone can only be nominated for the honor after he or she has 5 years of being a public figure in their particular field. Therefore, The Situation wouldn’t qualify quite yet (and might not be on anyone‘s radar when he finally does meet the 5-year threshold).
But Paris Hilton does have the minimum “career longevity” at this point.
Gossip Cop wants to know: What do you think?
Should reality television celebs be considered/eligible for the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna