The Hobbit Scores Holiday Weekend Box Office Win, Tops Frozen and Anchorman
12:00 pm, December 29th, 2013BOX OFFICE
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug won the five-day Christmas holiday weekend with $49.3 million at the box office.
Animated family film Frozen secured second place with $43.7 million, followed by Anchorman: The Legend Continues in the #3 spot with $35.7 million.
The Wolf of Wall Street debut edged out American Hustle, with the films taking in $34.3 million and $33.3 million respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty ($25.7 million), Saving Mr. Banks ($23.6 million), 47 Ronin ($20.6 million), The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ($15.7 million) and Grudge Match ($13.4 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank