Hoax Claims Robert Pattinson Out of “Breaking Dawn”
3:14 am, April 1st, 2010
We almost forgot it was April 1… and then we saw our inbox.
There will no doubt be even more hoaxes than usual today, and some doozies are already ricocheting around the Internet.
One that’s reached us (very early) announces, ”Robert Pattinson has confirmed that he is not going to appear in the Eclipse sequel, Breaking Dawn.” The item cites Pattinson’s work schedule as what’s “come between him and returning as Edward Cullen.”
This is, of course, an April Fools’ Day joke.
But while it’s starting on fan sites whose regular visitors will see it for the harmless hoax it is, we guarantee some outlets get genuinely duped. After all: They don’t check facts the other 364 days of the year.
And even though it couldn’t be more obvious by the end of the item that it’s all a joke, some sites won’t read past the first couple of paragraphs before breathlessly repeating them.
Some sites might not even read past the headline.
So if you come across rumor mongers citing a “quote” in which Pattinson talks about how much he’ll “miss being on set,” or a Summit spokesperson who supposedly expresses sadness before observing, “James Bond wasn’t always played by Sean Connery,” just remember: They’ve cobbled things together from an April Fools’ Day joke.
Additional April 1 foolishness surely forthcoming…
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents