Hillary Clinton Movie Role: Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon, Amanda Seyfried All Linked
1:45 pm, May 27th, 2013
A movie about the young Hillary Clinton is in the works, and some big names are being reported as possibly filling the role — although none of the actresses is actually attached to the project.
Scarlett Johansson, Reese Witherspoon, Jessica Chastain, and Amanda Seyfried are supposedly among the stars “in the running” for Rodham, which portrays Clinton as a Washington lawyer in the 1970s, according to The Independent.
But it’s important to note that while director James Ponstoldt tells the outlet “they’re all wonderful actresses,” absolutely no casting decisions have been made.
“We’re very fortunate that a lot of really great actors are interested in playing these roles,” Ponstoldt is quoted as saying. “We’re in an enviable position.”
He adds, “Regardless of people’s political affiliation or how they feel about Hillary Clinton, you don’t find people who question the quality of her intelligence or her drive. I want a wonderful actress who could embody that.”
Who do you think would make the best “Hillary Clinton”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank