Hilary Duff Talks About Motherhood, Her Baby’s Name and Mean Twitter People
11:05 am, April 13th, 2012
New mom Hilary Duff has opened up to Parade about baby Luca Cruz, her marriage and mean people on Twitter.
In Parade, Duff explains that there was no real “rhyme or reason” behind the baby’s name.
“We had the names Cruz and Luca on our list with some others and decided at the very last minute what it was going to be,” she says. “We just liked the way it sounded together.”
Duff notes, “Afterwards we found out his name means ‘bringer of light.’ I love that.”
She observes that parenthood has strengthened her marriage.
“[Comrie is] not going to do everything the way I would do it — and vice versa — but we just want the best for Luca,” says Duff. “It’s helped me appreciate Mike’s role in his life and that we’re doing things with the most love that we can.”
She describes Comrie as “really hands on.”
While Duff says she misses “that feeling of being attached to [Luca] when he’s kicking,” she was definitely ready for the pregnancy to be over, and has no immediate plans for a second child.
“Right now, I’m focused on being the best mom I can be and when I start working again, I’ll see how I juggle everything.”
Hmm, so it doesn’t sound like Duff’s planning to pull a Tori Spelling.
But it hasn’t all been great.
Duff says she’s missed getting her “butt kicked” via workouts and eager to get back into shape, and that she’s even felt some external pressure to resume a fitness regimen.
“I read comments on my Twitter page about how I’m waddling into pilates and I go, ‘Wow, that’s a really mean thing to say. I just had a baby three weeks ago!’” she exclaims.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors