Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho Dead at 50
10:19 am, November 24th, 2012
Hector “Macho” Camacho died on Saturday in San Juan, four days after being hit in a drive-by shooting.
The former world champion boxer was 50.
He was shot in the face on Tuesday while sitting in a parked car with a friend in his hometown of Bayamon, Puerto Rico.
Camacho was subsequently declared brain dead, and his family made the decision to remove him from life support.
At the time, his physician told reporters, “We have done all we can do.”
Camacho was known for both talent and flamboyance as a boxer, as well as run-ins with the law outside the ring.
His three-decade career included battles against everyone from Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran to Felix Trinidad and Oscar De La Hoya.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Gisele Bundchen's Glam Breastfeeding Photo
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?
- Where Did Jim Carrey Get His Comedic Roots?
- Leonor Varela's Edgy Hairstyle
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young