Hayden Panettiere: My Nashville Character Is NOT Based on Taylor Swift
4:15 pm, July 28th, 2012
Hayden Panettiere may be playing a young, blonde country-pop singer on the new show “Nashville” — but don’t assume her character is based on a certain superstar.
“I’ve heard the Taylor Swift thing quite a bit,” Panettiere told reporters during a Television Critics Association event on Friday.
But the actress said the comparison is off-base.
Panettiere explained, “I think aside from being around the same age and blonde… they’re very different. I think once you see her and get to know [my character] a little bit better, you’ll see that.”
She added, “I really think Taylor would disagree wholeheartedly as well. She’s much nicer than my character.”
Given how Panettiere’s Juliette Barnes seems to revel in questionable, manipulative behavior in the show’s trailer, we’re guessing Swift is happy to have any comparisons put to rest.
“Nashville,” pitting Panettiere’s up-and-comer against a veteran country music headliner played by Connie Britton, premieres in October.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z