Harry Styles Friend Emma Ostilly Quits Twitter After One Direction Fans’ Abuse
9:52 am, April 23rd, 2012
Ostilly appeared in One Direction’s video for “Gotta Be You” last year and became friendly with Styles, but after paparazzi caught the two getting cozy in New Zealand last week, Ostilly was subjected to a flood of online venom.
While there’s been no indication that she and Styles are actually dating, jealous fans have vented on social media, starting Facebook groups such as “Anti-Emma Ostilly” and “I Hate Emma Ostilly.”
Some of the messages are particularly brutal, calling Ostilly a “b**ch whore” and saying she deserves to die.
The hostility isn’t a first for Styles fans.
British TV personality Caroline Flack was forced to address threats last year when she was linked romantically to the One Direction heartthrob.
“Truth of the matter is its actually not funny in the slightest,” he wrote to a follower. “I’m reading through some horrible tweets very pissed off!”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents