Harry Styles Friend Emma Ostilly Quits Twitter After One Direction Fans’ Abuse
9:52 am, April 23rd, 2012
Ostilly appeared in One Direction’s video for “Gotta Be You” last year and became friendly with Styles, but after paparazzi caught the two getting cozy in New Zealand last week, Ostilly was subjected to a flood of online venom.
While there’s been no indication that she and Styles are actually dating, jealous fans have vented on social media, starting Facebook groups such as “Anti-Emma Ostilly” and “I Hate Emma Ostilly.”
Some of the messages are particularly brutal, calling Ostilly a “b**ch whore” and saying she deserves to die.
The hostility isn’t a first for Styles fans.
British TV personality Caroline Flack was forced to address threats last year when she was linked romantically to the One Direction heartthrob.
“Truth of the matter is its actually not funny in the slightest,” he wrote to a follower. “I’m reading through some horrible tweets very pissed off!”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Wendy Williams Trashes Beyonce: Find Out Why
- How to Dress Like Ariana Grande
- Skinny Minnie Anne Hathaway's Catwoman Diet
- Tina Turner to Give Up US Passport
- Kim Kardashian Begs for Divorce Before Baby Comes
- The Ultimate Taylor Swift Pic Collection
- The 9 Best Celebrity Hair-Color Makeovers
- Brangelina's Extravagant Spending By The Numbers
- Is Julia Roberts A Strict Mom?
- Did Beyonce Confirm Break Up Rumors?