“Harry Potter” Passes “Star Wars” as Highest Grossing Franchise
4:33 pm, July 21st, 2011
Harry Potter has officially passed Star Wars to become the highest grossing movie franchise in domestic box office history.
The film’s final installment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, has been crushing box office records since its release last weekend, earning $214.9 million in only six days.
Altogether, the eight movies have grossed $2.223 billion from releases, beating out Star Wars‘ $2.217 billion total.
The film franchises are currently the only two series to surpass the $2 billion mark.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related