‘Harry Potter’ Makes Box Office History
12:00 pm, July 17th, 2011BOX OFFICE
In a fitting finale, Harry Potter’s magic is making box office records disappear.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 made $168.6 million in its opening weekend, which was the biggest Friday-Sunday in movie history. The Dark Knight earned $158.4 million in its debut.
The staggering sum comes after Harry made nearly $100 million on its first day, which is just plain ridiculous.
To put the wizardry in perspective, the movie earned roughly eight times what (second place) Transformers: Dark of the Moon – the year’s biggest movie – banked this weekend ($21.2 million).
The comedies Horrible Bosses ($17.5 million) and Zookeeper ($12.5 million) finished in third and fourth places, with $17.5 million and $12.5 million, respectively.
Coming in fifth was Cars 2, which made $8.3 million.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Winnie the Pooh ($8 million), Cameron Diaz‘s Bad Teacher ($5.2 million), Tom Hanks‘ Larry Crowne ($2.8 million), Woody Allen‘s Midnight in Paris ($1.9 million), and Super 8 (1.8 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?