Harrison Ford Reportedly “Open” to Playing Han Solo in New Star Wars Sequel
12:59 pm, November 6th, 2012
Harrison Ford is reportedly open to the idea of playing Han Solo again in the recently announced Star Wars sequel.
Star Wars: Episode 7 is tentatively being prepared for a 2015 release date, possibly as the first film in a new trilogy for the beloved space epic.
Now there are reports that Ford could be in the mix to reprise his famous role from the original movies.
The actor has famously distanced himself from the role in the 30 years since Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, with Ford telling interviewers that the character was “not so interesting” to him.
But according to a source for EW, “Harrison is open to the idea of doing the [new] movie and he’s upbeat about it.”
Ford himself has not publicly remarked on Disney’s acquisition of LucasFilm and the announcement of a new Star Wars project, and a rep for the actor would not comment on his possible involvement in it to Gossip Cop.
Fans would certainly be interested in seeing the return of Han Solo to the big screen, but casting decisions are still far off.
The caveat for Ford might be a guarantee that his iconic space swashbuckler finally die.
Ford has said he believed Solo should have been killed off in Return of the Jedi.
If he returns for Episode 7, that death scene may finally happen.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Super Stars With Secret Talents
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye